Sunday, July 20, 2008

¡Friend deal!

I am about to leave so I need to make this a quickie. Yesterday was split between two activities: shopping and dinner. For shopping we went to an artesan market and bought some cool nicknacks. For myself I bought a leather belt with the national flower of Chile empressed upon the lenth of the belt, along with a watchband made by the same man. The real eventful part was the license plate shopping. My mother decided she needed a license plate. And not just any license plate. She needed a recent one that reads ¨Chile¨ across the bottom. Well we found one. It was for sale by one of the best salesman i have run across outside of China. This man used his mastery of english to tell us all about how hard it is to find one of these license plates that is on every single car in Chile, but how he would give us an amazing price of about 44 american dollars. But he did not stop there. He gave us a discount! HE TOOK A FULL TWO DOLLARS OFF THE PRICE! Well needless to say, Molly and I convinced our mom that it was not necessary. But man-oh-man-oh-man. If I did not have experience with Chinese vendors offering me there ¨friend deals¨, I probably would have jumped on that sale as soon as I heard his offer.

No comments: