Sunday, July 20, 2008

521

OK. Before I make any sense, i need to put something out tin the open. I am a camera addict. I take way too many pictures. Want to know how many I have? 521. Yes, five hundred and fifty freaking one picture.
--Now back to our feature presentation--
Oh crap, I almost forgot what I was writing about
--We are experiencing technical difficulties. We appoliogize for any inconvenience...?¿¡!--

Ok, so yesterday my family and I were traveling through the metro (subway) and bus system to return to our hotel. As we come upon a bustop and people board, I noticed some are standing as I, the lazy tourist, occupy a seat. I figured I could make an international gesture of friendship by sacrificing my precious seat. After a minute or so of careful planning, i turn to a chilean man and try my best to ask him in spanish if he wants my seat. When he expresses his confusion as to what I am attempting to convey, I revert to english and soon after mentally punch myself for my American stupidity of expecting everyone to know english. In desperation, I waved my hands towards the seat, but he refused my offer despite my heartfelt attempts at courtesy. Later my sister told me that after my embarassing adventure, the middleaged man picked out my sister and mother as my fellow tourist companions and began to talk with them. He apparently complained (jokingly, they tell me) that he is not yet old enough to be offered seats on the bus by teenagers. Oops...

2 comments:

chris said...

sounds like u are having a great time globetrotting this planet. I wish i could see all the wounderfull things you are witnessing.

Anonymous said...

Heh, sorry. That other comment I made was meant to go to this entry! Oops!